Sunday, March 27, 2005

Friday

Friday

A long weekend begins. I wake up at 10 in the morning. I walk in and out of all the rooms in the house.

Para's room.
Nobody. Para and Shobi have made the most of a long weekend and have gone home. I brush my teeth using the only safe to use wash basin. The other one in the "Dining area" is clogged with my shaved beard...That happened a month ago...

Nihas's room.
Nobody. Ditto for Nihu. The GE corporate consultant has gone home to whack his little brother in the head and knock some sense into him. Meanwhile his T-shirts are at my mercy. A sly villainous look crosses my face. I look out of the window to the house across the street. Is the "madaama" up and about? Yes I am now reduced to these voyeuristic excesses. I need a girlfriend.

Hall.
The bed in front of the TV looks slept in. Hell it always looks slept in. It is hot and muggy at 10 in the morning. I switch on the TV to VH1/SS music/DD Sports. Flicking through mildewed rock stars, vacuous VJ Shreya and Pakistani batting. Nothing interesting. I look across to see kelu spawled in the other bed by the door. He was back home around 12:30 am and somehow he always seems to operate on UK time. A weird permanent jet lag.

Kitchen.
More like Hell's kitchen. I sniff the air for the smell of something rotting. Thankfully ever since the Dog has left, no body has really explored the limits of their limited culinary skills. So there are no rotten eggs or vegetables in the sink. I shake the can of water. Reassuringly enough there is plenty to last the 3 days for the both of us. Now I look for a tumbler or a relatively clean bottle for a drink. I rinse out an empty bottle of sprite and fill it up. It tastes tingly sweet. I like it.

Dog's room.
I head back to where I woke up. The Dog has been gone for a while now. Nihas will be gone soon. Then god knows who is next. I am incapable of serious thought and so I check the status of the downloads. We are milking the BSNL connections for all that it is worth. Great! Amores Perros has been downloaded. I run a quick preview. Uh Oh...no subtitles. No problem 5 minutes and a net search later we are good to go.

I check up to see if Kelu is up. No he wont be until about 1 or something. Kelu wakes up on cue at 1 and brushes his teeth. Watches TV for an hour and goes back to sleep. In the meantime I manage to sneak of to Perumbur and back. Pakistan is still batting. Goddammit.

3:30 PM

I am back home and find Kelu's bed empty. As I walk to DOg's room I see and empty Pizza box on top of the waste paper basket. Kelu is brushing up on his C and SQL skills for $#@!&^. I decide to let him be as I grab the remains of the bottled poison by the computer.

9:00 PM

We go to an Andhra hotel and have some dinner. I am filled and every belch is bringing my dinner back to my tongue. Gross. We see some TV. Check some Blogs and eventually fall asleep again. Not before Kelu goes to office again.

3 comments:

ram said...

Cut the tv and computer out of that place, and it will be very close to my dream squat. Nice post there, i really went back to the short time periods that i have been there. They are very nice memories.

neo said...

There is someone else in that house, some kinda sorta magnetic force in the middle of the hall and in dog's room. Everyone gets stuck there for a while and then goes mad! For a while , i thought it was the dumb bastard TV and the mind fukk comp. Nope, it isnt, its some other entity .... Did some mad dog commit suicide there? .. Why the fuck is the other room always locked ? scaaary ....

dog said...

:D .. ooh i miss my room .. it was hell experience in the hotel room .. daily they'll change bed sheets to towels .. that too pure white .. bah .. i miss my room :'(