Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Smell of the Soil - A pessimistic note

After the first shower, or just after watering the dry trees and plants , the aroma of soil pleases my nose.

And very coincidentally , it rained on the last day at home , and as soon as i reached chennai ! Rain following me ? huh ?

I am being tormented by gravitational forces around me , skewing my almost decided decision. The reason ? sudden landing of an alien species called the BRM (Business Relationship Manager),who supposedly was in my shoes (developer), 4 years ago and man! look at where he is now, look at what he has done to himself and to others!

True , very true, he talks for 16 hours a day tirelessly and is able to make the listener believe that most of its does make sense in someway ,in some perspective , in some vision, belief of something, but the end point is that You make the choice now -- zeeee , after 2 2hour sessions with him, he has had the impact on me ! I am talking like him!! So , there is just 3 days to go and a decision to make ...
Should i trust this guy , who says he will help me achieve my goals (financial for the most part!) within 6 months , or should i leap to an unknown jungle where everything seems to be OK? (atleast the immediate financial benefits )

Should i say bye bye to beloved 2 years at chennai and should i move on to a Bangalore ?

Though my best friends say that it would be foolish to stay back, i still get the pinch sometimes, late night .. am i doing this right ?

If i am taking this much time to make a decision (simple or complicated - whatever) its just a choice ......I wonder what will happen to my ageing brain 2 years down the IT drain ....Will i totally lose the capability to make decisions ?! huh ?

Or is it just an extrapolation of my real self ? - PRETTY UNSURE ! HA HA

3 comments:

Zeus said...

Faaaack You! Where the hell was he when you were putting in 14 hours a day? Why should you be so important now that you have put in your papers?
So the next time you want a raise, you threaten resignation? Who are you a software whore?!

Take the freaking job and go to Bangalore, fool!

2 more years in the IT drain, your brain will lose the capacity to feel for your decisions. Thats all. You will make decisions that will ruin the careers of people under you, put them in the quandary that you are now in. But you will live with it.

ram said...

I support bala. And you have always been saying that there is a lot of politics in there. Are you sure, these guys will raise above that and give you the opportunities.

According to my little experience, this is plain trick, this 6 months ahead thing, after 6 months he wont be there to explain that to you.

And its rare for a software engineer to be with one company for more than 2 years. Its time for change buddy.

I remember a quote on sunday express, with the meaning that, if you find things are going too smooth for you, its time for rethinking about what you do.

neo said...

Thanks!

To Zeus, Pandu, Jijo, Seetharaman and Pon for driving some sunshine into my Clouded brain!