Saturday, August 13, 2005

An old one

Buried in the sands of time I strain to hear the voice within the noise.

Worried and infected by the touch of crime, I fear I have no choice.

Head full of heavy metal and searching for peace.

Dreaming of blue skies and sleeping under the trees.

The shadows deepen and summer sings.

Melting the joy and other such things.

Hoping that each new step is not another mistake.

Praying that destiny is mine to make.

Watching but not seeing, running but not fleeing.

In circles I go, painful it is I know.

Friends watch and so do foes.

I can’t see the enemy within me.

Should I buy a gun and blow my brains out?

That is a question still resting in the shadow of a doubt.

Friendless and endless, I rest in unease.

Paradise promised panacea prescribed.

Desolation destroyed desperation described.

The solutions dissolve,

The corroded remains of the iron resolve.

Thoughts in chaos, brain cells in quantum disarray.

Fragments of me watch the whole in dismay.

Mathematics violated, the summation of the parts results not in the whole.

Theophysics ridiculed, I indulge in the fragmentation of the soul.

The atom of creative thought consistently broken.

Kilotons of epic yield pass by unspoken.

Words that could change the cosmos,

Evade the membrane that captures it, almost.

Endless summers raining on my mental forge and anvil,

Reduce the crude ore of thought to nothing, null, void and nil.

Within the calm vortex of my storm, I mock my peace.



Something that i wrote so long ago that I have forgotten its context...Some of it still is good, though it is mostly sick rhymes thats all...

2 comments:

ram said...

I am going to read that a lot of times, I am going to like that every time, And i am going to keep a copy of it in my purse, and i am going to read that a lot of times.

neo said...

"Reduce the crude ore of thought to nothing, null, void and nil."

finally... zeus is back! An almighty blog!.. struck right at heart.. if there's one.