Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Sea Inside

The Sea inside is a wonderful movie making experience by Alejandro Amnebar. (Director : The Others, Open your eyes, Vanilla Sky)
Infact, i enjoyed the bonus DVD more than the actual movie. Alejandro steps you through the entire experience, right from conceiving the idea to scripting , casting, shooting, composing, editing ......
Alejandro likes to own his movie as much as possible. He is the Director who works closely with the Cinematographer.
He is also the Co-script writer. Now for the unusual .. He is the editor as well as the Music Composer!
The Sea Inside is based on a True story and is about Ramon Sampedro , or mercy killing.
Yet, Alenjadro has scripted it in such a positive way, that you really respect the decision, in the climax scene.
Javier Barden has done a brilliant job! I thought that he was really 55! Only in the "Behind the scenes" did i realize that the guy is the fellow shown in the flash back.
He deserves an award for sure!!
Alejandro also explains the special effects and how the window views are really backlit translucent screens.


Life was sailing along at a smooth speed. I enjoyed watching the horizon, and the pattern decorated skies in the evening, whilst munching on Falafel (Veg) sandwiches.
I felt like Life had really slowed down. There are no more brain damaging deadlines, schedules , meetings. I could easily manage the mundane job from 8.30 to 5.30.
I had even plucked a couple of white hairs. I felt at peace ....
The only occassional thoughts were "Have i settled down ?", "Have i given up, and accepted that i deserve only 20 days vacation in a year, to spend with family and friends ?"
"Have i become an NRI" ?
Suddenly out of nowhere, brother came along and shifted the gear to TOP. my sailing boat turned into a jet !
I can now hardly gasp for breath... Things are happening at a break-neck speed. "Am i really ready for all this?" . Nope.. no way!

It has been my inability for quite some time to speak out, talk ... at the right time. I'd rather prefer an email. This has led me to all sorts of dangers, Yet i have never given up on this
escapist method of communication. Zeus and Ram commented lately that I dont blog/write like i did before. If you'd notice this blog itself, its mostly about "I" and things around me.

Choice. That is the problem. Salute you "The Architect". Choice is driving me mad!
You wouldnt believe, but i had visualized all this happening, some time back. Tried to believe would be a better term than 'visualized'.
Would you believe, if i said, that all of this till this point (the moment i am writing this blog), i knew, it would happen like this.
And i cannot see further.. why ? because "You cannot see beyond your choices!" -- AH! Matrix is the bible. (My 10 DVD ultimate matrix should be in air, or in the sea now!)

I am beginning to believe that it is not entirely difficult to forecast the maze of your choices and the path you would tread if you follow one simple rule,
"None of your choices should be of any direct damage to humanity". It would be much clearer, "If you are really helping someone, even if that someone is you"

Have i said enough crap for one day ? ;-)