Friday, April 18, 2008

Castle of Thousand Words

High up in my ivory tower
Behind large words of courage, I cower.
A facade of careful rationality
Never betraying the torrents of emotions, as I indulge in banality.
A little lost in the by lanes between yesterday and tomorrow
I move through this world with a rictus masking my undefined sorrow.

A hundred times I rehearse my bravado
It gets me through about ninety nine times though
Just that once in about a every so often
I crack and yield in moments most inopportune
Among people I couldn't care about less
My darkest secrets I do confess.

In their dispassionate tolerance
I vicariously act out your acceptance.
I regret not being able to be as honest with you
As with utter indifferent strangers I manage to.
Fearful petty little loser with eyes lowered
Behind my mighty words, in an ivory tower, I cowered.

3 comments:

ram said...

Love it.

Zeus said...

Thanks bro...

neo said...

felt caged myself,
when i read about the ivory tower,
words strangled by throat,
there are bullets lying all around,
but my hands are tied,
and I cant shoot this ivory tower down!