Friday, April 08, 2011

My music. My curse.

Is it that I really like music or just that I am much more afraid of silence?
Do I really want to stay immersed in this unfulfilled threat of violence?
Every song I know has something that irks me in at least one minor way.
Maybe its my pursuit to find the perfect song that has kept my real world at bay.
Each time I come across something fresh and something new,
I abuse it relentlessly until I hate it too.
Looping tracks over time, I keep my earphones plugged in right.
Songs during daytime to drown my co-workers and songs to drown my thoughts at night.
Here take this phrase and twist it into rhyme.
Fit it to this situation as you do time.
Lamest bands with the most clichéd of lines.
I contort my brain for some connected vibes.

Still I post lyrics, videos and critiques
On social networks, quite anti-socially.
Hoping someone, sometime, shares mutual experiences
The only manner with which to bridge these distances.

3 comments:

SATYA LAKSHMI said...

You beautifully written about this posting. very nice

neo said...

"Each time I come across something fresh and something new,
I abuse it relentlessly until I hate it too. Looping tracks over time".

I remember Disk Operating God looping "Dekho Na", and myself looping "Door - Strings", until I almost hated it :)

Zeus said...

I just hunted down the entire album that featured a 90 second section of a song that I heard on a trailer for a movie that I know nothing about.

Cursed for sure.