Monday, September 22, 2003

Fractured Frames

My life is dissipating in a sequence of great scenes of fantastic films...but there is no cohesion...no direction....it is a wasted effort...if i could see what part of my life is vital and what is not.....if i could show you what you want to see...tell you the words you need to hear...my life might be the greatest cinematic spectacle anyone has witnessed....
so i record the impressive momnets of my day....hoping some greater genius would do justice to my story.

I walked into the station for the 83rd day in mumbai. I am a ghost now. People walk through me....talk through me and suddenly I assume form.....physical and tangible....and now i strike people...who brush me off them like a germ. The vague looks i get worries me so i look about me....normal enough...
A gleaming machine with gaudy lights draws me like a flame to a moth...before i know i am slotting a coin and out rolls a card with my weight on it, courtesy of the 'eastern scales and weights'....I have lost 10 kilos.....I feel even lighter now...the screaming interstate train that thunders past the platform threatens to physically suck me into its vortex...I hold on to the machine.....
I turn the card to find a prediction on it for me...

If you are a woman, you are beautiful, honest and a loyal wife.Your lucky number is 2.

Till then i thought that i was in the wrong lane profession wise...now maybe i am in the wrong lane gender wise as well......

No comments: