Thursday, September 11, 2003

Scenario Two

It is a lonely beach. I am walking between the sands and the water. I see her. She steps out of the water like a mermaid or something....She is wearing only a teeny tiny bikini...red with white stripes like some sexy colgate gel ad....she smiles at me as she catwalks up to me.....I am transfixed by the sight.....She tells me that she will set me free....I ask if it is going to be.....
Yes she says It will be me....

Without being bidden I kneel with my back to her......I hear the metallic clank of a bullet rolling out of a magazine and into the chamber of a pistol.....I will never know where she hid the gun.......She puts the shining barrel to the side of my head.....lets me feel the weight and texture for a brief moment.......
She pulls the trigger.

In extreme slow motion.....the barrel moves over once ejecting the empty cartridge and remaining gun powder smoke.....the bullet has already entered the sand by my side.......as the hair...skin...bone...and brain tissue rush to fill in the void left in the bullet's wake....consciousness and life follows it......I fall over unceremoniously...in a posture that I could never have naturally maintained during life...maybe that is why death is so different....

She kicks me around....looks at the bloody mess of what used to be my face.....She sits upon my stomach...under any other time it might have been that sexy thing to do...
She places the gun squarely upon my chest and whispers a sweet goodbye and shatters my caged heart which stopped beating a long while ago......With a single tear to decorate her face, she walks back into the sea....

I am gone.

No comments: