Thursday, September 11, 2003

Scenario One

It is a hot afternoon. I ride my powerful V-twin cruiser down the open freeways of whatever. Push the throttle and lose the distances...between now and forever....
I must have driven for an hour...or maybe a day...it doesn't matter...what does however is what is about to follow....

I approach a turn and suddenly there are screaming brakes and gunfire from behind...before I can turn a bullet rips my right mirror to shreds, which liberally tear through my sleeves as they make an exit.
I know what needs to be done and how...so even before the thought process has begun, I give the ape hadlebars a mighty shake and leap off the bike.....Spinning through the air....in bullet time.....I turn to face the onrushing bullets and wheels...simultaneously I draw out two sub-machine guns and open fire even as my cruiser skids below me, throwing mighty sparks at me...

I, poised between death and life, rain molten lead upon my unseen enemies.....I kill them before I hit the ground. Then it happens.....denim...cotton....skin....flesh....bone each layer scraped and pared as in prepartion for the departure.....pain begins and reaches the very height and before the body can react the threshold is crossed and there is only peace.

With every other broken bone, I gain more perspective....
With every fresh laceration, I am reminded that I need to go on a little more...
I remember everyone who meant anything to me......I hope they understand.....
I close my eyes.