Friday, October 24, 2003

Fragma

here are my fractured words.....my mind has shrunk to a point where it cannot hold on to a single train of thought...so i wander and i scribble.....this is to keep me sane.....
i cant even hold on to a single theme or emotion these days.

Some days are spent in quiet torment
And others in efforts vain.
Energy and soulforce spent
Just to fail again.
In times like these I hope to see
How else things might have been.
In times like these I hope to be
All else I could have been.

Placed my life in else's hands
Thought I might be free
Soldier caught in no man's land
I find no empathy.

Arrows fly from left and right
Is it a friend or foe?
I raise my arm and strike at night
At whom? I 'll never know.
Through the night I fought the fight
Was it a battle? Was it a war?
In the calmness of the morning light
And then...no more.
Alone I stand, sword in hand
At the edge of the battlefield.
Shifting sands of that aging land
Scarred but it had healed.

No comments: