Sunday, May 08, 2005

Sympathy for Mr.Revenge

Are you saddled with mediocre emotions?
I mean, have you ever experienced an extremity of any one emotion?
For a split second, have you ever been that emotion personified?
Rage?
Love?
Fear?
Hate?
I haven't. I feel I am living a life of mediocre moderation.
I need to have revenge. An eye for an eye. Tooth for broken tooth.
But no one has mortally wronged me to deserve just retribution. No one has done anything to bring me upon themselves as the nemesis. I wish somebody would hurt me hard enough, for me to want to kill them. But for now all I can do is assault my enemies with documentation and hope that they get vicious paper cuts when they take print-outs of my venomous outpurings.

I wish I could make revenge the sole purpose of existence. Maybe I should do something to make it start. You know, act proactively and all that...

If you are wondering about the title, it is the title of a movie by Chan Wook Park. The guy who made Old Boy. This one is a uni dimensional revenge saga, where 3 people seek the revenge that they believe they deserve, their inter-twined vengeances and a finale of depressing abruptness.

Watch it for a change of pace.

5 comments:

Zeus said...

On second thoughts...The only real rage and anger I have felt was when I play. Be it Quake or Football. The suffocation of defeat brings out the worst in me. That would be the extremity that I searching for.

Funny how you find things, when you commit to paper...in this case paperless paper.

Anonymous said...

"the suffocation of defeat".. hmm jus' beautiful!

neo said...

dear hulk,

My brain translated
'Mediocre' as '9-6 Desk Job' and
'Extreme' as 'something which you love to do, something with may not make any sense to anyone else'.

So, is it 'Extreme' which you havent found yet ? or is the Desk Job eating into your Life too much ?

Huh? What was i saying ?

Zeus said...

A note to anonymous posters,
Don't do it.
Appreciate all your comments, but let me know who you are?

Nihas, could you turn off anonymous posting on our blog?

ram said...

I would have thought, rage was zeus' thing. And I used to envy you for that. So dont disown it now. Play games if that is what it takes. I have taken to real games again. Playing and thinking of tt all the time. The interest is getting more and more genuine and going to extremes.