Thursday, March 09, 2006

Indian in the west

4:16 AM
I have lost sleep for more than an hour now. It is painful to stay awake when your brain is within a void. I can't think of anything for the past hour. I am running in circles around my own head. They say it could be jetlag or something like that. I think it has more to do with the mind and the body being in different places.

It has been more than 24 hours since I landed here in Middletown, Connecticut. I haven't called anybody since I haven't learnt how to work the phone yet for making international calls.

What a sorry excuse...Went to office today. Did nothing but meet people. Friends and Foes. Walked all around the office which is a modified shopping mall, vaguely reminiscent of Sprencer's Plaza Chennai.

It is cold out here but still above zero (I still think in degree celsius!). The journey here was largely uneventful as was the Immigration and Customs process. The only exciting moment was when I had a Vodka on the Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Chicago. It is a cool drink to say the least. Bitter but unlike beer it gets better if you let it in slow!

I know a lot of alarm bells are going off now at my house (if my sister reads this!) but I had to find out for myself what the big deal was with alcohol. Not much at all. Gives you a warm feeling inside. Thats abour it...

5 comments:

neo said...

Mind and Body in different places ? woah! Vodka! Dear Zeus !!!

The Holy Trinity is now split across three countries.

Dog and Morpheus are still in the civilization cradle - India ;-)

Zeus, blog more often!

uno said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
uno said...

don't dare to say anything abt Beer..
It is the best.. U love as u drink more of it
Abt Vodka...it sucks

ram said...

i am running in circles around my head :), hope that stops soon.

dog said...

wow .. enjoy every moment .. write your experiences ..