Saturday, February 12, 2005

My Valentine

I woke up at 10 today feeling woozy and unwilling to go to office on a saturday. After a few hours of mulling over how a nice weekend is getting ruined in office, I realised with a start that if I had nothing exciting to do at home anyway. So after a lazy bath and a milk shake I headed for the ECR on my way to office. After negotiating snail paced traffic in Thiruvanmiyur under an angry sun, I reached a free stretch of the road.

sometimes this comes over me like a surge from the subliminal. A voice, soft, feminine, erotic whispering in my ears. "Let it go...NOW!" something that sounds like the announcer in Unreal Tournament. So my wrists flick on their own accord. I am just a sliver streak on a steaming black road.

75...80...90...95...100...110...straining on at the edge of an impossible 115

My conscious mind tells me a crazy out of control car, kid or bike could kill you or get killed. My wrists are locked at the maximum on the accelerator. Wind has picked up now. It is whipping my shirt and trouser legs all around my torso and legs. It is like a thousand kisses all over me, all at once. I slowly lift the visor on my helmet to let the wind invade my face. I dont have to call it. I dont need to invite it. Or woo it. She is mine. I kiss the wind and we pass life by. Racing on to see if we will slow down or be a smear on the road.

I made it to the office today. I had to give away a valentine's day pass because I have no one to call a girlfriend who would come with me.

I am sad that I said good bye to the wind today.

I am glad that it will come back when I call it tomorrow.

3 comments:

freakie said...

hey dude, dont worry man hum logon ka number bhi ayega...till then khali bike par wind ko kiss kar...

ram said...

Which one is better, to kiss a mortal virgin, or the immortal whore.

neo said...

115 is too much buddy ! Slow DOWN!!!

And Ram , That was one hell of a COMMENT ! phew ! Blew me away.